Neti pots have become very popular over the last ten years for the person with sinus problems. People are also using neti pots for easing the symptoms of cold and different allergies.
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises that if they are not applied properly, the user will fall in the risk of happening severe infections, even might be deadly ones.
Facts about Neti Pots:
- Neti pot can decrease the symptoms of rhinosinusitis if applied correctly.
- The initial record of nasal irrigation comes from the old practice of Ayurveda.
- Neti pots should be cleaned carefully before and after every use and never shared.
- If a person has any doubt about how to use a neti pot, they should ask a doctor.
What is a Neti pot?
How to Use Neti Pots?
- Lean over a sink.
- Lean the top to one side so that the temple and chin are at about the same level. This stops the saline mixture from getting into the mouth.
- From this point, take breaths through the mouth.
- Put the spout into the upper nostril.
- Pour the solution so that it runs out by the lower nostril.
- Rinse your nasal passages by blowing your nose, and do the same thing repeatedly from the other side.